Sunday, May 1, 2016

Theme 05: Kristofa - Week 1

I am honestly not in a good frame of mind right now. I had a workweek that can't be described as heavy, yet it broke me so damn much, even physically (I slept 4 hours yesterday due to waking up at about 4 with my right arm and shoulder completely numb; my chest area felt so weird I thought I was having some sort of heart attack - and yes, I know this sounds especially dramatic. I was scared). I worked 4 days, 1 day off, then 2 days, and the fact of the matter is: I can't do these hours anymore. I'm completely burnt out. I've been seriously debating with myself whether I should quit at the end of my current contract, which is half May. I honestly can't guarantee anymore I'll be able to handle the summer, considering I need more and more time off to deal with less and less workload. When I get my paycheck, I wonder: is this really all I'm working for? Money? And too little money at that?

So, yeah. Not a good frame of mind, as said. It'll pass, as always, but in the meantime I'm just trying to keep my head above water. The best moments at work are those that require some brain power. I feel excellent then. Meaning, I do need a brain job. I've got one to apply for, but I'll be waiting until tomorrow, as I have time until the 8th... I want to make the application as good as I can. Today, I cannot.

But enough wallowing in my own woe: let's check out others' woes XD I debated with myself which character to write about next, and ended up picking...

Kristofa

... portrait WIP from 2008. Best/only pic I have. ... the shame. @.@

Who is Kristofa?

Kristofa is a Syrilae man like most other Syrilae men: born in the village, raised by someone other than his parents; in time his powers stabilize and he takes to visiting the neighbouring Human town of Farren, where male hormones will take the better of him - with sometimes nearly lethal results.

But Kristofa had his eyes on another woman, who would turn him away and break his heart forgood. This wound never quite healed; even as this woman fell for another man and bore his daughter, Kristofa remained, close, befriending the child in time.

And, one day, he would betray her - and set in motion the end of his kind.


Kristofa and the novel

Kristofa will be a pivotal element in the story, as he is familiar with both the main protagonist, and the main antagonist. Through a series of events he ends up in a city ruled by a majority of elves, where he will discover more about himself, and the true threat looming over all of their heads. As it stands now, his true role is undefined, but his potential choices clear. Kristofa will always choose what is best in any situation - even if this means the death of innocent people. One life is a small price to pay for the safety of thousands more - and, on this, he and Devon will agree.

However, Kristofa is a rational man. He takes time to think, to assess situations. One life lost might just as well mean the destruction of many more. Decisions cannot be rushed.

And these decisions will be made all the harder as he encounters the city and environs' inhabitants.

I realize I'm not saying much about him. As said, he is a pivotal element in the story, and tied to all important characters in some way. This makes it all the harder not to give away too much of the story XD

And like always, if questions be... ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment